Important Questions to Ask When Looking for a Home School Supervising Agency
- What are the two assessments required in the Alberta Regulations?
- Are home visits compulsory or are there choices where we could meet?
- What will the Facilitator do when visiting? What do they expect to see? What do we have to show him/her? What is his/her job, really?
- What is your perspective about the role of the supervising authority or school board in evaluating a child's progress?
- Do my children have to write the Alberta Achievement Tests? What happens if they don't?
- Are all your facilitators home educators or what qualifications do your facilitators have that give them a good understanding of home education for Grades 1 -12?
- What is approved curriculum?
- What methods of home education do your facilitators support and oversee?
- What is my recourse if during the year we don't agree?
If you are uncomfortable with the answers, shop around.
It is important that you know you have specific rights within the Alberta Regulations on Home Education, and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and precedence set by the Supreme Court of Canada.
Home Education Administrations of Alberta Private School Authorities
Trinity Christian School in association with WISDOM Home Schooling
Contact: Kenneth Noster
Address: Box 78, Derwent, AB, T0B 1C0
Morinville Christian Schoolin association with THEE (The Home Education Exchange)
Contact: Brett Bower
Address:201, 2 Athabascan Ave, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 4E3
Morinville Christian Schoolin association with ROOTS Homeschooling
Phone:1 (408) 616-1381
Address:28 Laneham Place SW, Calgary, AB, T3E 5C5
Cherry Coulee Christian Academyin association with 40 Mile Christian Education Society
Contact:Craig & Gwynne Funston
Address:Box 119, Milk River, AB, T0K 1M
Harvest Baptist Academyin association with Education Unlimited
Contact:Leo & Faye Gaumont
Phone:1 (780) 662-3634
Address:Box 90, Kingman, Alberta T0B 2M0