I've been meaning to share this for some time. (Hmmm... did Jeremy really write this back in May?!) NBC has been a great place for Jeremy (and his older sister) to grow in all areas of life. The college is very friendly towards home schoolers. For both Jen and Jeremy I just made my own "transcript" telling them honestly what their strengths and weaknesses were. One thing I really like (one of the many more things that Jeremy didn't mention) is that all students do about an hour of practical work each school day. This cuts down on tuition expenses and gives the students an opportunity for good work experience. Of course Bible was always one of our subjects at home, and Jeremy had memorized many New Testament books through Bible Quizzing. However, there is always more to learn! Bible College is a great place to give to others too. :)
Grace - A Home School Mom of 4
(Jeremy shared the below on Facebook)
Why Nipawin Bible College Has Been Great For Me (And Could Be For You, Too!)
I have now spent three semesters at Nipawin Bible College, and it has truly been the best time of my life so far. I am unabashedly promoting the school by putting forth the following list of reasons why Nipawin Bible College has been great for me (and could be for you, too!).
- The Bible is central to all teaching at this Bible College! I recognize the importance of other areas of study, but for Christians, this is really our key area of study for life. The school's motto is "Inspiring people to know and live the word of God".
- NBC has people who care about you and really want to help you grow in Christ. That includes staff, student leaders, and even freshmen, who quickly catch on to the spirit of mutual care that is alive and well at NBC.
- People change - for the better! - during their time at NBC. I've seen it in myself and others: a little more love, a little more joy, a little more peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. This is a good indication to me that the Spirit of God is at work!
- The food at NBC is great! In three semesters, I can only remember one meal that I didn't enjoy, and that was my fault for taking too much. Meals are something we can always look forward to. The only complaint is that it's hard not to take too much!
- Studying at NBC makes it simple to join the Nipawin Indoor Soccer League. There are other great sports opportunities as well, but this is my favourite. NISL is a Tuesday night league made up of players from the Bible College and from the town of Nipawin. It's super fun!
- The NBC community feels like family. It's a small school (just under 60 students in 2012-2013), which I think is a big part of why it has that family feel. That being said, we wouldn't mind having a bigger family! New additions are welcome, and needed! About half of the student body was made up of freshmen in 2012-2013.
- NBC gives students the opportunity to serve and grow through practical involvement in ministry. Personally, I have really enjoyed being a part of student leadership as an RA (Residence Assistant). I know that a big part of the growth process for students has been in their various student ministries, and other involvements, such as Student Council, three60five (our annual youth retreat), chapel teams, and so forth.
Skype Music Lessons - Amber is an amazing pianist / singer and a daughter of some friends we know. She has taught piano for years and has been teaching piano (via Skype) for a couple years. *If you are interested, contact her as soon as possible for details. Terry
How about signing your kids (or yourself!) up for… Piano Lessons they might actually enjoy! Is it possible they would want to practice if they could learn the current play list on their ipod and even be taught to jam along with it? I am a firm believer that students need to play music suited to their personal taste.
I am a RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music) trained professional touring musician/recording artist offering piano/voice lessons and desire to pass on my passion to students, ages 10 and up. In lessons I combine RCM theory (classical skills) with blues/country/worship/pop performance and ear training abilities.
Now for the Credentials: * RCM trained (piano) with Grade 9 certificate * Wedding Singer/Pianist, Classical Accompanist, Christmas Parties, Special Events
Page 9 of 67